Monday 24 November 2008

Tutorial

Through my tutorial with Jimmy I have started to look at communication, decay and memory. Looking initially at what the simplest piece of communication there is and perhaps what can exist forever. I also want to look at how the memory can influence this decision. For example, why is Stonehenge really there, is it through scientific experiments that we know or is it perhaps through our memories that have been passed on through generations. By uncovering this information I want to look at the lasting part of the memory and also the fading part; and experiment with both.

Carrying on with experiments that I have started to explore I want to really investigate Chinese whispers. I like the idea of the ever changing narrative through light, sound and movement. How slowly or quickly will things be forgotten, added to or changed.

I was also advised to look at Stephan Agamolas, but as of yet have been able to find no information on....however i will keep looking. He explored a similar channel...but as of yet have no conclusive evidence.

Other notes that I have taken from my tutorial are the audio machine, digital, analogue, motivation and rationale. However by carrying on with one of my experiments of taking a picture every 5 minutes, it indicates how I use time....it is a good tracking devise. Perhaps even a motivational skill for when I am doing nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home